How to tell whether a pattern uses UK or US crochet terms

The quickest way is to look for SC – single crochet. UK patterns don’t use this term so if you see single crochets anywhere in the pattern, it’s in US terms. If you don’t see SC, look for HDC. In UK terms, this would be an htr. If you’re still not sure, just ask :>> The designer won’t mind!