Ok. I am the laziest blogger EVER. I have no pictures to show you for this idea but as it spontaneously erupted in my head while I was making an Olaf from Frozen beanie hat (proper pattern for that coming Monday and a pattern for a Christophe hat to follow), here’s my brainwave:
Use our Minion slippers pattern to make Olaf slippers:
- Crochet the first two or three rounds in orange for his nose.
- Use white yarn instead of blue and yellow.
- Crochet the circles for the eyes entirely in white. It’s up to you whether you make one or two eyes per foot. I’d probably go for one.
- Crochet little black circles for the pupils.
- Don’t crochet around the eyes with silver or grey.
- Sew the black circle onto the white circle, then sew the white circle to the slipper. It’s the only way to make his eyes stand out.
- Surface crochet his eye brows.
- Sew in some tufts somewhere above the eyes for his hair – just a few strands like you’re making a tassled hem.
If you decide to make these, can we use a photo, please? We’ll credit you and give you a nice big blog link (if you have one). I know it’s cheeky, but I’m not planning on actually making these slippers … like I said, lazyyyyy!